Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Citrus Salad Dressing


I love, love, LOVE this salad dressing. It is so light and fresh and delicious. Once a friend of mine served this salad dressing with our salad at dinner and it was so good I asked for the recipe. I have been making it ever since and love it. Lately I have really been enjoying it on spinach salads. Mmmmm. Spinach salad is my favorite food lately. (I put on: craisins, bacon, feta cheese, and sugared slivered almonds) This dressing is so good I can hardly refrain (and usually I don't) from licking my salad bowl after I have eaten all the salad. (Don't worry, Mom, I don't do it in front of my children.)

The original recipe had 1/2 cup of oil and no water, but I tried it this way one time and liked it just as well, if not more and so always make it lower fat now.

Now that I've hyped it up so much, I hope you all enjoy it, too!

Citrus Salad Dressing

1/4 cup oil

1/4 cup water

½ tsp grated orange peel (I usually do a little more)

1/3 cup orange juice

2 Tbsp red wine vinegar

2 Tbsp sugar

1 Tbsp Good Seasons Italian Dry Dressing (the whole packet is also okay)


Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment