Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oreo Cream Truffles



I was recently noticing that the dessert section in my recipe box is about 10 times fuller than almost any other section. That just proves that I have a hopeless sweet tooth!

I love all things chocolate and tasted these little morsels at Christmas time and just thought they were fabulous. The greatest part- they are so easy to make. Yes, folks, you too can make truffles if you have a 3 little ingredients on hand! Usually, you think of truffles as being a time-consuming and fancy-schmancy proposition, but these are done in a snap!

This is a pretty loose recipe. I haven't even seen it written down it is so easy. I actually made a half batch when I made this the other day because that was all of the Oreos I had in the house! It still made at least 25 truffles. I have also tried this with mint Oreos and they tasted amazing.

Oreo Cream Truffles

Filling:
1 brick cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
1 package Oreos (I never go with off brand, except for Wegmans brand if any of you fine people reading this live near a Wegmans)

Chocolate coating:
chocolate candy making discs, melted (I prefer semi-sweet, but you do as you please)
-or-
1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. shortening, melted and stirred together

Pulse Oreos in a food processor until crumbs. (Do this in batches) If you don't have a food processor, try smashing them in a gallon sized bag. (Good luck with that!) Transfer to a large bowl and mix Oreo crumbs with cream cheese until a smooth mixture is formed. Roll into 1 inch balls. You can refrigerate at this point for a little while so they are firm, but it is not necessary. Dip in melted chocolate. Decorate with a contrasting chocolate drizzle if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment