Sunday, March 7, 2010

Move over, Oreos!!



This is my new favorite treat (My daughter's too!). (Thank you, dear Julia, for sharing!) I am pretty sure it will stay my favorite treat for a long time! I am not a big fan of cake. My philosophy on the subject of cakes is: Why eat cake when you can have a brownie? This treat is made with a cake mix, has frosting in it, yet is as delectable as any brownie I have ever had! They are called Homemade Oreos, but really, Store bought Oreos wither in comparison, these are so good, and I WAS a fan of store bought Oreos. (Would that my photographic skills could do them justice!)

Homemade Oreos

Cookies:
Dark chocolate cake mix (Devil's Food works, too)
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs

Mix. Roll in small balls. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes. (When they start to crack) Let rest for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a rack to cool. (I had to wait a little longer so they wouldn't break as I moved them)

Frosting:
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
3 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
powdered sugar to desired consistency

Store in the refrigerator (cream cheese frosting). They taste fabulous cold and I have heard they also taste great frozen!

This is what I am having for my Birthday this year, I have already decided. Now, I always have something to do with leftover frosting, too! (By the way, I have tried this with a brownie mix instead of a cake mix. It was different, but also VERY good.

No comments:

Post a Comment