Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Eggs


I am not sure if it is because I have 3 little ones 3 and under or because I am a Scrooge, but whatever the case I never seem to do much by way of celebrating holidays. My 3 year old, however, really enjoys making crafts and I have been trying to do this with her since it makes her so happy. We found this in an Easter Craft book we got from the Library and I thought they were so cool! We had Cinderella napkins leftover from Emma's Birthday Party, so that's what we got. You could but really beautiful napkins and make some pretty stunning eggs. Of course we only got around to making 2, but it makes me feel festive nonetheless!

So, all you do is this:
1. blow out the eggs. (And get a headache in the process!) Use a needle to make holes in both ends (one a little larger than the other). Blow through the small whole until all the innards of the egg are out. Then rinse the shell off. I try to be thrifty and refrigerated the insides right after removing them and used it for breakfast the next day.
2. Take colorful napkins and rip them in little pieces
3. Mix Elmers glue with a little water
4. Place a small piece of napkin on the egg shell and wet your finger with the watered down glue and gently help the napkin piece lie flat against the egg.
5. Repeat step 4, slightly overlapping pieces, until the egg is covered, doing one half and then letting it dry before doing the other half.

I must admit, this was not the best project to try to do with a 2 year old and a 3 year old. They don't really know the meaning of "gentle"!

No comments:

Post a Comment