Sweet Potato Bread & Pineapple Butter
* Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour + 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour)
* 1-1/2 cups sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
* 1/2 cup canola oil (I used 1/4 cup applesauce + 1/4 cup oil)
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
(I didn't want to make so much and only had a portion of a can of pineapple in the fridge, so made much less. It was plenty for my loaf.)
* In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, oil and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
* Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
* In a small bowl, combine butter and pineapple. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) and 1 cup butter.