Monday, January 3, 2011

Mahi Mahi with Avocado and Quinoa

Hello all!

I had to tell you all about this meal because it was so satisfying and healthy. What are the chances that I had all the ingredients to make this?!?! (Avocado, cabbage, lime, mahi mahi) Anyway- I had some mahi mahi that I wanted to use tonight and I happened across this recipe the 3rd time I searched online. I didn't take a picture because we gobbled it up! I had already made Quinoa to go with our meal, so that is my one change from the recipe. (Well, I guess I also used regular cabbage instead of cole slaw mix because I had it)

By the by, have you all tried Quinoa? It is lovely! I only heard of it for the first time last year. Today I bought it for the first time and made some up for dinner tonight. The kids noticed no difference from regular rice and it is so healthy!! The National Academy of Sciences classifies it as one of the best sources of protein in the vegetable kingdom!!! I bought mine at Costco in a cute little green bag.

Lest you all think I am a crazy health nut, I did eat 3 See's chocolates after dinner. I am a walking paradox! (Or maybe that just makes me human.)

Here is the link to the recipe for the Mahi Mahi. If you ever happened to have those ingredients on hand or feel like trying something new try it!

P.S. Did I mention we have an avocado tree in our backyard? How cool is that!! Gotta love California!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment