Monday, December 27, 2010

Bavarian Apple Torte


I love this torte!! I first tasted it at Kenneth's parents' home I believe. The recipe came from Kenneth's Aunt Hilda. (I am not sure where she got it!) This is an award winner, too. Kenneth's workplace had a Fall Recipe contest and this one won! I actually made it for Thanksgiving this year along with a pumpkin pie from scratch (from our cute little Halloween pumpkins!). This was a good choice for several reasons:
  1. It is delicious!
  2. It can be made a couple days in advance and keeps well in the refrigerator.
  3. It uses some of the many apples I usually have in my possession at this time of the year.
So, here is the recipe:

Bavarian Apple Torte

Mix: ¾ cup butter

½ cup sugar

½ tsp vanilla

1 ½ cups flour

Press into a well-greased deep pie plate or springform pan.

Beat well: 12 oz. softened cream cheese

¼ cup sugar.

Add: 2 eggs

½ tsp vanilla.

Pour over crust.

Mix: 2 cups finely sliced apples

½ cup sugar (I cut this to 1/4 cup- you choose!)

1 tsp cinnamon

Spoon over cream cheese mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until set. May add ¼ cup almonds on top if desired. (I never have)

No comments:

Post a Comment