Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good news for homemade Oreo cookie lovers!

So, I made the homemade Oreos again!! (I am SO bad!) But, I do have some good news. I thought I would try to make them slightly less bad for me and it worked! Instead of using the full 1/3 cup of oil, I used 3 Tbls. oil and 2 Tbls. applesauce and you would never have known the difference! They tasted fantastic!

I must admit I was worried about trying it because I was afraid it would mar the taste and make it not yummy. So, go to my Move, over Oreos! post and enjoy them with a little less guilt!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tip! I made them for a family event and they were gone before everyone could even get one.... yes they are that good! (I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and they were just as yummy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you Valerie!!!
    I am so glad you like them, too! I forgot to mention that using the applesauce makes them hard to roll. They are a bit gooey. I sprayed my hands a couple of times with cooking spray, though and it worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete