Grated navel orange zest and ricotta cheese make ordinary pancakes extraordinary.
Prep: 35 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (1 orange)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Confectioners' sugar, or maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, and 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (1 orange). Whisk in 2/3 cup all-purpose flour until just combined.
- Heat 3 tablespoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches (and adding more oil to skillet as needed), add batter, using a scant 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer pancakes to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Serve hot, dusted with confectioners' sugar or drizzled with maple syrup.