Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta

I guess I am on a Bruschetta kick lately. I made these for myself (and Kenneth) to enjoy on Mother's Day. (In Kenneth's defense, he would have made them for me, but I would much rather he keep the kids happy and let me have fun in the kitchen.) I got the recipe from Our Best Bites. I followed their recipe, but used fresh pineapple in addition to the strawberries, kiwi and the mango. They were quite enjoyable. Of course, it would have tasted much better if I didn't make them myself. Isn't that always the way. Here is the Our Best Bites link to the recipe, which I have also copied and pasted here:

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta with Orange-Honey Cream
Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 baguette or similar-sized French bread loaf
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1-1/2 C diced strawberries (about 10 medium strawberries)
1 C finely diced mango (about 1 medium mango)
1 C finely diced kiwi (about 3 kiwi)

1/2 C Breakstone's Sour Cream
3 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp orange zest

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice bread into 1/2 inch slices. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush each piece with melted butter. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle evenly over bread slices. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are toasted. Set aside to cool.

While bread is toasting, combine Breakstone's Sour Cream, honey, and orange zest. Stir to combine and place in the fridge.

Combine strawberries, mango, and kiwi and stir gently to combine. When bread is cooled, place about 1 Tbsp. of fruit mixture on top of each toasted bread slice and drizzle with sweet sour cream mixture. If needed, thin sour cream sauce with 1/2-1 tsp orange juice. Garnish with mint leaves if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment